Page 2 of 3

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:29 pm
by isuckatrunes
cnhn wrote:Well every site is prone to sudden closure like megaupload, including that depositfiles you use :P. Also you just have to click the number below "Showing 1-x of x images" to see the rest of the images, simple as that. I prefer e-hentai (or exhentai) for recommendation thread like this, because I can view them instantly without having to download them. Especially for large manga. All editors here should have enough GP they collect from stuff they uploaded, so downloading the archive from e-hentai is not an issue. And there's torrent (though not always). In short, e-hentai is fantastic and reducing the work of uploading and downloading if the purpose is "hey, try look at this one". Just need to know how to use it and get used to it (not that hard, really) :D .


*sigh*

1) "Well every site is prone to sudden closure like megaupload, including that depositfiles you use :P"
Actually, the akiba-online pages I linked to had 6 different hosts (for each volume).

2) "Also you just have to click the number below "Showing 1-x of x images" to see the rest of the images, simple as that. "
As I said, for me it doesn't work. Clicking that link you mention does not work for me (goes to the same page). I also cannot login to the site, meaning I can't access exhentai or get points.

3) "All editors here should have enough GP they collect from stuff they uploaded, so downloading the archive from e-hentai is not an issue."
If you are such an editor, then you would be doing something very useful by reuploading to an actual hosting service (or even better, use multiupload for example). A lot of things are only accessible on ghentai. Wouldn't it be too bad if all this disappeared for good in one day? Additionally, it would be easier for everyone to download if it was uploaded.

I'm sure you are trying to be helpful, but if I prefer dl links it's not just because I don't know how to use ghentai. I'm glad that it works for you, and I agree it's a great site (as long as it lasts). It's just too bad that it does not offer dl links (and some content) without logging.

(Please, let's not start a discussion on how people without points are evil leechers. Also, please don't tell me I just have to install firefox. This is not the place to debug my technical problems, and it doesn't change the other reasons why it's better to have dl links.)

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:40 pm
by cnhn
isuckatrunes wrote:
cnhn wrote:
If you are such an editor, then you would be doing something very useful by reuploading to an actual hosting service (or even better, use multiupload for example). A lot of things are only accessible on ghentai. Wouldn't it be too bad if all this disappeared for good in one day? Additionally, it would be easier for everyone to download if it was uploaded.

You don't seem to understand the point here. I'm talking about how linking e-hentai gallery is useful for us editors to look at stuff that you or other people recommended without downloading it. If we like it and decided to take a closer look on it, we can just download the archive with GP we have. I'm talking on the scope of this thread, recommendation from people to us editors and translators. Of course when we release things, we use actual hosting service. But this thread is not a sharing nor release thread. Like I said, it's more "Hey guys, look at this. This manga/author is interesting!" kind of thread. It's just that during this kind of discussion, looking at gallery to see what people recommended is faster and more convenient than downloading everything first. Simple as that :wink: .

EDIT: I'm sorry If I sound like an elitist bastard, I'm just talking in context of the thread. You can be sure that me and other editors here will always upload our releases to proper hosting sites. That will always be our primary method and e-hentai will be just for previewing purpose.

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:00 am
by isuckatrunes
Ok, that makes sense. Of course, non editors may like to see the raws too, since most of it won't be translated (and there are also recommendation threads for non editors on this forum); and there is still the problem of ghentai closing one day. But I get your point.

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:50 pm
by cnhn
Everything can happen, e-hentai may gone some time but we don't know what will happen so might as well use what we have.
Anyway, before I have any points I used to to copy the title and paste it to google and there, dl links ready to use. Not always though, especially for obscure ones. Also, most people here have courtesy to mention the title and author before posting e-hentai links, so if the worst happened at least we know what we're searching for :wink: .

Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:48 am
by wervy
Well personaly I hated ehentai for quite awhile. As a unregistered internet explorer user it just didnt work very well for me. When I got some points though after I registered, I started making use of it. And after I got on exhentai, well, score. :shock:

I mean it isnt perfect, but its a clean site with no pop up ads and a decent search system. I still make a point to upload anything to mediafire that I upload there though for people that dont have a account there or points.

I dont exactly read a whole lot on there though, I download and keep it localy so I'm not pulling from the cloud just to view stuff.

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:57 am
by CitySearch
Again, g.e-hentai and it's freer sister site exhentai are not perfect. But it's good for what it does in my case. Which is previewing a series that someone here recommended or talked about before I download it. I don't get the whole site might close argument because, well, it's true for every site. Yes it might close, or at least encounter technical issue that will take the site offline, but that's true even for download site. Heck, the whole SOPA debacle made the possibility that those download sites too might disappear. And there are always, always the risk download links will be taken down because the uploader took it down, or more likely, the download site did it themselves (whether it was due to violation of the terms of agreement, or trying to stay on the good side of the government without them becoming the next Megaupload).

I'm not trying to disparage download links. Heck, for a series I really want, g.e-hentai isn't good for me because I don't upload anything to it, hence no way to batch download most of the time. So download links would be much better in this case. I just want to be sure what I'm downloading before I actually do it. After all, I don't want to download a series that sounds good in description, only to find out it's by Waita Uziga and is full of blood and gore. Yes I know doujins in general are not that big size wise even if I get the high quality scans. So it's not like it's a huge issue for me compared to a movie or something. Still, there are just some series that I do not want to download just on principle like the before mentioned artist.

And the translators here make it a point to have it, not just put it at ehentai but also to a download site.

[edit]Heck, I wouldn't mind if the h-manga got uploaded to a different site for preview reasons. One that isn't ehentai. If there is a more stable one out there, and yes, one that doesn't close, great. Just saying why I have nothing against ehentai.

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:51 am
by Hanekoma
I'm not sure if this is the place for this, but if you're looking for a few more project ideas, I know a few nice exhibitionism doujins that could use a translation in the future.

The first two, Mint Chocolate and Strange Exhibition Girl Tales, I posted in another topic, and I'll post them again for the heck of it:

DL: http://www.sendspace.com/file/g23k2n

I also have 3 more that I believe are by Nihon Dandy, but I don't see very often:

DL: http://www.sendspace.com/file/63tf0l

So yeah, just posting this in case they could become projects in the future, but if not, at least for the sake of sharing good exhibitionism doujins. :D Enjoy!

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:06 am
by wervy
haha, good page selection for the Nihon Dandy ones, they are the pages I picked to color :p They all seem like good stories (I think) hope someone would be interested in translating.

Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:33 pm
by Kevadu
Wow, desudesu did the random Hooliganism doujinshi I was thinking about:
http://g.e-hentai.org/g/496821/dcbb0d0e50/

I'm kind of surprised it was picked up after all this time, since it's kind of old, but whatever. They did a good job.

That means of the four projects I suggested the only one left to do is the chapter from Kouzen Waisetsu. I'm thinking I might as well go and do the translation now, it's pretty straightforward.

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:50 am
by CitySearch
Wow. That's awesome!

Now my life is complete... yeah no. Saying that would be utterly stupid. :P But at least one of the things I really wanted translated, got translated. :lol:

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:14 am
by hexadecimal
This one is interesting because its at a nude beach.
http://exhentai.org/g/443099/3aa8e4d905/

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:31 pm
by wervy
hexadecimal wrote:This one is interesting because its at a nude beach.
http://exhentai.org/g/443099/3aa8e4d905/


The author has more good ones too, but they are all loli-ish.

Re: Some project ideas

Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:06 pm
by Kevadu
Kevadu wrote:Hooliganism's Public Obscenity chapter 1:
http://g.e-hentai.org/g/14048/f275dad01e/
This is a volume of one-shots. First chapter is nice and straightforward, but I don't want to commit to doing all of them. Chapter 3 is also good so I might do that one too.


So, like, I said I was going to translate this and I pretty much have. The 'pretty much' part being because the messages she gets on her phone are just too damn small in this raw but they're not exactly irrelevant either (I can read parts of them anyway). But, what can you do...I have the rest of it translated if somebody wants to do the editing.

Re: Some project ideas

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:09 am
by Aeleth
Kevadu wrote:So, like, I said I was going to translate this and I pretty much have. The 'pretty much' part being because the messages she gets on her phone are just too damn small in this raw but they're not exactly irrelevant either (I can read parts of them anyway). But, what can you do...I have the rest of it translated if somebody wants to do the editing.

Well, I am be interested to see it translated, thanks. Too bad I should be working on different projects right now 8). Maybe somebody other will do it, good luck.

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:03 am
by Aeleth
@Kevadu
I should have some free time now, you can PM the translation to me. I'll do it.