I'd like to do a 10 year Anniversary Edition of TAG.

General discussion for Munyu projects, releases, and other such stuff.

Moderators: uanime5, KiTA, Munyu Staff

KiTA
Site Admin

I'd like to do a 10 year Anniversary Edition of TAG.

Postby KiTA » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:43 pm

Yeah. It's been almost 10 years. The earliest file I know of in my TAG directory is 02/09/03, based on the date and time of the files in the original release RAR.

So holy crap.

Looking back, there are a lot of... fudged translation bubbles in TAG. Mostly from so many different people working on it, but also due to me sitting there back in my 20s trying to make it sound "good."

I think the one that jumps out at me the most is pages 31-34, early on. If you read the original Japanese, or even the original script by Nommad, it's completely different than the released edition.

I imagine most of the work has similar errors, most of which is my fault.

Not sure if anyone wants to work on it, since it's effectively done and buried. I figure it'll take almost a year to do, so if we were going to do it we should probably start now.

I'd like to find higher quality raws (I don't particularly relish the idea of destroying my physical copy to make them, but I suppose I could), get a fresh pair of eyes on the translation, re-edit the English so it sounds better, the works.

If nothing else, I'd like to at least get better quality raws and re-do the editing so it's up to modern Munyu standards.

... Maybe even try to sneak a finished English version on like Lulu.com for a few minutes. ;)

But hey, either way: 10 years of Munyu Heavy Industries. If you had told me back in the day we would have gotten this far, I wouldn't have believed you in a million years. :)

Malone

Re: I'd like to do a 10 year Anniversary Edition of TAG.

Postby Malone » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:48 am

Yeah, ten years is a lot of time (almost a dog's life time).
But time goes fast when you're having fun.

Nodoka

Postby Nodoka » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:51 am

ten years... wow... it's a lot of time

and you bet we've had fun... at least in the last 4 or 5 years since i knew about this place :P

(actually i just cheked and my profile says i joined in april 20, 2008... almost four years having fun 'round here already XD)

and about the subject... it'll be nice to do an anniversary edition of tag since it was that story wich, 1) hooked me into exhibitionism 2) made me fan of sue's work, and of course 3) helped me found this site :D

ThekillingGoku

Postby ThekillingGoku » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:28 pm

I believe it was also Sue's work which ended me up here.
Had a few posts back'n forth, but then things went kinda dead and there wasn't much action here.
But lately the place seems to be coming alive again.

wervy

Postby wervy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:58 pm

10 years? Lord, I feel old :shock: I think Tag was among the first manga to get me into ENF and exhibitionism :P

Aeleth

Postby Aeleth » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:46 am

Yeah, first thing I read from you. Good memories. 8)

I might be interested as an editor depending how much time I'll have doing RSY (if everything works out, I might have a lot).

Anyway, I tried looking for better raws, but had no luck. Only one looking promising were some Chinese raws but they were taken down ;_; . I think we're stuck with the old one. Aside from smaller size, I think it's good, it doesn't have any shadows or anything. With little cleaning they can look quite good again.

Well, good luck.

Return to “Projects”