New Forums!

General discussion for Munyu projects, releases, and other such stuff.

Moderators: uanime5, KiTA, Munyu Staff

Aeleth

Re: New Forums!

Postby Aeleth » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:10 am

Background are indeed more blue. Original has mostly white backgrounds. In css look for:

Code: Select all

.row1
.row2
.row3
.row1-e
.row2-e
.row3-e

Problem is, that the author shifted the classes around and changing properties for these will not make it look like old forum. I'd say the edited theme is good now, but you might try experimenting with darker post text or little bit lighter backgrounds.

And setting visited link to other color that red, might be a good idea too. It was lighter blue in the original.

Khal

Postby Khal » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:22 pm

KiTA wrote:I fixed your account, khal -- I sent you a PM on this throwaway account with the password I set it to.

Lala, the link should change the font to a boxier one - it tells the forum to use DAJ Glass 2 Munyu temporarily.

The colors for the backgrounds et all are supposed to be the same as the old forums, although they might be a bit more blue. I'll double check that when I have some time. I think part of the problem is that the old forums had black lines separating things and the new forums have "pale white recessed" lines instead.

The icons (like saying there's new replies) I can change, I need to see about using the old icons, they might need resizing. I *might* be able to change the "Threads with New Replies are Bold" thing too, I'll look. I also want to shrink the Logout, FAQ, and Advanced Search buttons at the top.

Yay, it worked!

KiTA
Site Admin

Postby KiTA » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:47 pm

Aeleth wrote:Background are indeed more blue. Original has mostly white backgrounds. In css look for:

Code: Select all

.row1
.row2
.row3
.row1-e
.row2-e
.row3-e

Problem is, that the author shifted the classes around and changing properties for these will not make it look like old forum. I'd say the edited theme is good now, but you might try experimenting with darker post text or little bit lighter backgrounds.

And setting visited link to other color that red, might be a good idea too. It was lighter blue in the original.

I'll take a look, but if you'd like, I placed the CSS for the old fourm (DAJ Glass) and the new forum (DAJ Glass 2) here:
http://www.munyu.info/css/

cattz

Postby cattz » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:58 pm

Seems fine I guess?

Only thing that ever seemed odd to me was the avatar restrictions either way, heh.

KiTA
Site Admin

Postby KiTA » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:31 pm

What avatar restrictions?

cattz

Postby cattz » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:57 am

KiTA wrote:What avatar restrictions?

Probably why only 3-4 people have them :)

Aeleth

Postby Aeleth » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:18 am

cattz wrote:
KiTA wrote:What avatar restrictions?

Probably why only 3-4 people have them :)

I'd say it's enough. It keeps forum clean from excessive number of images :)

cattz

Postby cattz » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:50 pm

Aeleth wrote:I'd say it's enough. It keeps forum clean from excessive number of images :)

True, that's about the only thing that was weird to me ever though, so all good either way, heh.

Return to “Projects”