CAGE 2 In Progress Thread (Ch14-16, ongoing)

General discussion for Munyu projects, releases, and other such stuff.

Moderators: uanime5, KiTA, Munyu Staff

KiTA
Site Admin

Postby KiTA » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:40 am

I started a Computer Engineering course this year (er, academic year, so May 2010). It's er, kicking my butt, to be honest. I was completely unprepared for how much work Calc1 and Physics would take up. Seriously, I'm running into the 5, 6 hour range each night for homework, and it's just the first week of the new term. Not good.

Malone sent me CAGE2 over the course of a few weeks a few months ago, I'm going to try my best to upload them someplace for people tomorrow after classes. I was hoping to thumb through them and see about getting the font et all, but looking through it real quick, he did a great job with everything. I'm going to try and just whip up a credits page and then bundle them all into one big Volume 2 release.

In the meantime, I did fiddle with a MC/Exhibitionism manga, but it has lolita content so it's over in hypnochan's Basement instead of anywhere Munyu related. I also fiddled with a Invisible Girl manga here: http://boards.4chan.org/e/res/1357858

I've also remembered to update my profile here with my IM contact info, if anyone wants to poke / remind / encourage / etc me to work on stuff. ;)

clef

Postby clef » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:49 am

lol

that's why i continue to give a look to this forum... it seems dead but you can always bet that Kita will return, he stays months without saing a word, but he will always return (and always with something in his hands^^).

So you have resolved your job problem?

KiTA
Site Admin

Postby KiTA » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:04 am

Oh boy, Job problem.

Lets see.

Dell closed. I started working for a permanent temp scam, basically working for AT&T through a work-from-home callcenter through a temp agency. Since you were always a temp you had no rights to get sick, to take a day off work for an appointment, to get a raise, benefits, etc etc -- and they could fire you at the drop of a hat for any reason. I saw the employee numbers jump from 850ish to 600 and back again a few times while there.

If you've ever read Dilbert, you might want to know that Dilbert was inspired by Scott Adams' time working for one of the baby bells that would become modern AT&T. He's not really exaggerating much. For example, every customer that called, I had to log like 7 different times, and there was no copy paste, nor any time in between calls to do the logging. The way it was explained to me was that AT&T, due to various mergers, restructurings, etc, had like 7 vice presidents when they needed one, maybe two, and they ALL wanted personalized logs on the servers they used before the mergers et all because, darnit, their way was the only real way to do things, and ignoring their way was like ignoring THEM.

I was let go for creating a website in my spare time which the callcenter didn't like. Basically my company was all about sending a customer who called to a certain website, say, att.com/workingpie. There's an infinite number of ways to mess that up (spaces, dashes, misspelling working, pi instead of pie, 3.14 instead of pie, etc etc), the most common way being attworkingpie.com. So I registered that domain name when I realized that AT&T hadn't even bothered to register their own services' domain name, and then created a redirect.

According to the Callcenter, this was an illegal phishing site that permanently damaged their good name and business.

Yeah, I was amused too. But my Temp Agency didn't agree, so they put me down as lack of work, and I was able to get back on in the WIA worker retraining thing they were doing for Dell workers.

So in other words, I'm back in school, doing a Computer Engineering 2 year with nebulous plans to head out to a 4 year afterwards. I am currently getting unemployment, might have to switch to some form of part time / callcenter work if it's not renewed.

In CAGE 2 news, I'm currently uploading the Volume 2 zip file. It's done, although I'd like to go back and redo the entire thing someday when I have time and gumption. Make sure font choices are consistant, redo sound effects, etc etc. But that's probably not happening.

KiTA
Site Admin

Postby KiTA » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:13 am

Oh Hai Zip File!

Cage2.vol1.(Suehirogari).English.[Munyu].zip - 48.9 MB

Wasn't sure if we call this Cage Vol2 or Cage 2 Vol1. heh.

V3: Now with correct filenames, and the after-the-ending author's notes. Untranslated, of course (they're handwritten and no, just no).
Last edited by KiTA on Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nodoka

Postby Nodoka » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:28 am

thanks for the realease KiTA we appreciate your efforts despite all the things you've been through...

i hope you find a job soon and that your situation also improves...

then again many thanks and good luck :D

leon2lil

Postby leon2lil » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:11 pm

Thanks Dude,
Even though i haven't be able to download it or read as of yet, to spend time and do this while going through all that is amazing and you deserve some props.

3squir3

Postby 3squir3 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:06 pm

Shame about the situation but as people have said already hope it improves for the greater good.
Think i've posted before regarding uploading and their dodgy parallel download bug for me , any chance on using an additional upload site as well as the current one pls.

KiTA
Site Admin

Postby KiTA » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:48 pm

I put it on g.e-hentai as well:
http://g.e-hentai.org/g/331979/9e9c449626/

I'll upload it someplace else in the morning, out of time tonight. Any favorites? Rapidshare is the only other one I know of, and they're pretty brutal nowadays.

3squir3

Postby 3squir3 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:26 am

KiTA wrote:I put it on g.e-hentai as well:
http://g.e-hentai.org/g/331979/9e9c449626/

I'll upload it someplace else in the morning, out of time tonight. Any favorites? Rapidshare is the only other one I know of, and they're pretty brutal nowadays.

http://uploadmirrors.com/ is a decent uplaod site since it uploads to more than 1 site such as megaupload / hotfile and a few more.

KiTA
Site Admin

Postby KiTA » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:07 pm

toenail

Thanks

Postby toenail » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:47 pm

Thanks much for Cage 2. It's great!! Sorry to read of your employment problem. I have a similar problem, but I am probably a lot older than you. I already paid off my debts and put some money in the bank when times were good, so I can probably get by OK for a few more years and retire on social securuty, if they still have it in a few years.

I feel bad for guys like you in college today. No opportunity to put away some money in good times, because you haven't experienced good economic times. And I don't think there will be any social security when it comes your turn to retire. Good luck Kita. Thanks again for Cage 2.

yuri

Postby yuri » Mon May 30, 2011 7:00 am

Thanks for doing the project. :D

I'd kinda dropped it the first round but picked it up again and it seems the later chapters kinda picked up the pacing quite a bit.

Return to “Projects”