Release: [Valssu] Exhibitionist Girl's Play [UNC][Finished]

General discussion for Munyu projects, releases, and other such stuff.

Moderators: uanime5, KiTA, Munyu Staff

Nodoka

Postby Nodoka » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:59 pm

Aeleth wrote:I guess it's a time for new chapter. This is the first translated by Higashi, look forward to more.
´

Thanks for the hard work :D

I've become a great fan of valssu's work, just behind suehirogari's stuff :P

Thanks to all!

Miyasaki

Postby Miyasaki » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:17 pm

Aeleth wrote:I guess it's a time for new chapter. This is the first translated by Higashi

Awesome! ^^

rarehunter

Postby rarehunter » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:16 am

Thanks guy, awesome work :)

Setsuna

Postby Setsuna » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:17 am

Re: DRM on releases.

Just wondering if this was ever resolved (I'm mostly curious on the security aspects) - If not, there IS a way to get around any DRM locking any image sets, 100% of the time.

I really do mean 100% of the time, because the only way to stop this line of attack is to prevent the files from being displayed to any screen at all.

It's pretty much using a fighter jet's afterburner to make your toast and it IS utter overkill, but it'll work.

The attack goes:

PC with DRM software logs in and opens it as per normal. PC has a DVI out graphic card/s.

If the program doesn't demand full HDCP compliance:

Clone the display through DVI ports 1 and 2 (1080p we'll assume) with the first going to display at the screen, and the second to a capture card on another computer that can see that resolution natively.

- Use the requisite software to take screenshots. As long as it doesn't compress prior to display on the second computer (USB devices are out, and probably any device 300 dollars or less) you'd get a pixel perfect screen grab, at the quality of the release, assuming that the DRM doesn't scale the images to fit the entire screen.

(You could use a USB solution or a cheaper card, but if it internally compresses before it sends to another PC, you can suffer detail loss due to compression. Don't know how clean you want the images, really.)

Edit out any bits you want (like say part of the desktop) and you're home high and dry.

If it demands HDCP compliance...

- Insert a HDFury or other HDCP breaker to port two, THEN clone the screen. Then conduct the same as above.

I really did mean overkill - there's absolutely NO way to stop this attack angle short of making it unable to display to ANY screens period. It's a physical layer attack.

It'd also set you back a good few hundred (or more) for this. If you were to use it JUST for grabbing raws, uh, well, it's a video solution for STILL images...

That being said... I can offer said solution if requested.

I think a Decklink Extreme 3D will do the trick (I use it for 1080p PC game capture among other things, consequently there's no outlay.) although I haven't yet arranged the HDCP breaker yet, although that is scheduled in the future.

I'd be impressed if the DRM demanded HDCP compliance though, and will most likely be very interested in beating it just out of general principle, but as I said, I don't know which lane it takes.

As long as it can be opened on a PC on a monitor that has a resolution of 1920x1080 or 1280x720 in any way, shape or form, I can grab it, pixel perfect. (Barring the HDCP note at this point in time.)

Did I forget to mention this is complete overkill? It's a lot of fun though. It is however a) fullproof and b) futureproof.

In any case, you can act on it yourself (although I can't tell you if you have the HDCP complaint route or not), or I can provide a demonstration via a web broadcast - I can prove display by broadcasting a desktop, with the DRM protected material displayed with it. I can then take screengrabs and then you can compare the quality using the original as a benchmark.

I however don't have any image set that has a DRM lockdown like that, and that would have to be provided something that is locked down, to well, provide a demonstration.

Please let me know if you're interested.

shuji

Postby shuji » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:26 pm

Not sure why I didn't think of this earlier but you could try opening the PDF (I'm assuming that's what it is but it doesn't really matter) in a VM and take a screenshot of that. It's unlikely that whatever protection they use is designed to prevent that sort of thing.

Aeleth

Postby Aeleth » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:33 am

shuji wrote:Not sure why I didn't think of this earlier but you could try opening the PDF (I'm assuming that's what it is but it doesn't really matter) in a VM and take a screenshot of that. It's unlikely that whatever protection they use is designed to prevent that sort of thing.

The protection that they used some time ago could detect running inside common VM environment. It's fairly easy if you know what you're searching for. Sadly.

shuji

Postby shuji » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:11 pm

How about screen streaming software? I know the quality wouldn't be that great but it'd be a start.

angelofragnarok

Postby angelofragnarok » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:19 pm

Kevadu

Postby Kevadu » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:38 am

angelofragnarok wrote:Back on topic:

http://www.dlsite.com/ecchi-eng/work/=/ ... 01140.html

New stuff from C82!

Looks nice. Shame about the oppressive DRM, though. There's no way for me to access this stuff legitimately since I run Linux...

Biv

Postby Biv » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:41 am

Well, the funny thing is that i just buy it one hour ago in Toranoana XD.

lechevalier

Postby lechevalier » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:27 pm

Biv wrote:Well, the funny thing is that i just buy it one hour ago in Toranoana XD.

<3 I'll translate it in super-speed if made available to me ;)

cattz

Postby cattz » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:06 am

Biv wrote:Well, the funny thing is that i just buy it one hour ago in Toranoana XD.

Nice

Hope you didn't have to resort to international shippers at like 50++ bucks on top of the original price or anything.

Although that's sounding less painful more and more, when you compare it to DLsites drm, heh.

Biv

Postby Biv » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:04 am

Well, i just walked to the store and it cost me 941 Yen (about 12 USD). :lol:

lala-slut

Postby lala-slut » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:18 pm

What exactly did you buy?

[Valssu] Exhibitionist Girl's Play Volume 8?

Please write down what you bought to clarify it for some people (e.g. me :D).

These forums and especially this thread gets lots of visits.

Personally I cannot bear anymore waiting any longer for Volume 8,9,10,11 and all others that are there. I registered only for that sole reason just now.

Valssu works make me horny so bad. I feel ashamed for refusing to buy them on my own, though is it an acceptable excuse if I am broke? *sigh* >.>

What is the progress currently about Valssu stories?

Take as much time for scanlation as you want, we fans are all in your debt for doing it, and you do a fantastic job, but if I am allowed to whisper a wish, it is to have us fans keep up to date about what you WANT to do, do NOT WANT to do and what you are DOING with valssu works.

Thank you.
Best regards,
uber horny lala-slut

shuji

Postby shuji » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:28 pm

I have a un-drm-ed copy of this one http://www.dlsite.com/ecchi-eng/work/=/ ... 95212.html ; I still need to convert it to images but I'll have it uploaded somewhere this weekend.

Return to “Projects”