Hello guys!

For anything else.

Moderators: uanime5, KiTA, Munyu Staff

angelofragnarok

Hello guys!

Postby angelofragnarok » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:40 am

Hello, I'm a long time lurker, first time poster here on Munyu. :) I'm posting this less to announce myself and more to let you all know that I'm the guy off of e-hentai who just purchased the Megamilk comics needed for Orunito. It'll be a while before they arrive, but I look forward to scanning them up and sending them to you so that you can keep up the good work. :D

Aeleth

Postby Aeleth » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:34 am

Allow me to welcome you here then 8)

I hope you'll enjoy our release even in the future.

Kam

Postby Kam » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:14 am

Thank you so much for doing this!

angelofragnarok

Postby angelofragnarok » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:13 am

Kam wrote:Thank you so much for doing this!

You're welcome! :) I've always wanted to help with fan translations, but since I don't know Japanese I lack the skill set of a translator and it seems that QC and editors are a dime a dozen...so I decided to help out in a material way!

Malone

Postby Malone » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:04 am

Thanks man.
We really appreciate it.

J

Postby J » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:02 am

Wow, this is good news. *shed tears of joy*

Anyway thanks a lot! and also thank you for reading our stuff ^.^

angelofragnarok

Postby angelofragnarok » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:38 pm

Okay, the magazines just came in the mail! :) Two things I want to ask though:

1) How do I properly scan a magazine like this? I've only ever scanned single pages before, not an entire book. lol

2) When finished, who should I email the documents to? Sending it to me in a pm is fine. :)

angelofragnarok

Postby angelofragnarok » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:53 pm

Okay, after reviewing both magazine copies I discovered something. Orunito is in vol. 18 of Megamilk, but it isn't anywhere in vol. 12...

Oh, and on a side note...do they try to organize their fetishes in these magazines AT ALL? Vol. 12 had some downright creeeeeepy (to me at least) material and artwork.

Aeleth

Postby Aeleth » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:33 pm

I took a quick look at official website and, indeed, missing chapters of Ornitho2 are in v14 (ch3) and v18 (ch5).
[url]http://megamilk.coremagazine.co.jp/tag/オルニト2[/url]

As for scanning, I can only tell what I heard, but if you can, debind the books and scan at at least 300DPI. If you can't clean it, leave it to somebody who can and don't edit images. There's plenty of scanning guides on internet and they're easy to find if you need.

If you decide to scan them, upload it to some filehost and post it here. There shouldn't be any problem with that, should be? Also will you scan both volumes or just ornitho? I'm sure there are people who would like to get their hands at what's in both v12 and v18.

Anyway, great thanks for it. 8)

KiTA
Site Admin

Postby KiTA » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:03 pm

Wait, it's not in 12??

... Oh damnit ...

Well, I have a job now, and I should be able to import 14 and the omnibus. I'm sorry for the mistake AoR. I don't have a scanner though which will make things harder, maybe I could have the package delivered somewhere else or something.

The way I scanned the pages of "Hiyori Tadaima Roshutsu Naka" was to debind the book, making the book into several loose pages instead. For magazines like Comic Megamilk, it's best to remove the staples then put it in the microwave for a few seconds so the was breaks down a bit. then, you will have a bunch of large loose pages, each with 2 pages connected to each other, and can pull them apart from the other 2 pages connected to each other. Then I just scanned the pages letting the "wrong" pages hang out of the side of the scanner while I did so.

If the pages end up see through when you scan them, you can put a piece of white paper behind them to help with that, but I didn't have too much trouble.

http://www.questie.com/manga/ScanEditGuide/scan.htm

angelofragnarok

Postby angelofragnarok » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:15 pm

KiTA wrote:Wait, it's not in 12??

... Oh damnit ...

Well, I have a job now, and I should be able to import 14 and the omnibus. I'm sorry for the mistake AoR. I don't have a scanner though which will make things harder, maybe I could have the package delivered somewhere else or something.

Hey, no worries. I'm glad that at least one of them panned out correctly, lol. Also, thank you for the suggestions on debinding. I'm going to start on that either this evening or tomorrow morning.

EDIT: Also, I'd be more than happy to post up everything in both magazines. Besides the fact that I personally enjoy digital more than juggling a book, it's more material that can be made available to the fansubbing public. :)

KiTA
Site Admin

Postby KiTA » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:52 pm

AoR, where did you buy it from BTW? Iwas going to use Tenso to ship it to the US, and try and get it from Amazon.co.jp.

angelofragnarok

Postby angelofragnarok » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:20 pm

Ebay. There's a seller on there that sells practically any issue of any japanese magazine (hentai anyway).

KiTA
Site Admin

Postby KiTA » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:41 am

angelofragnarok wrote:Ebay. There's a seller on there that sells practically any issue of any japanese magazine (hentai anyway).

Can you provide a link perhaps? Now you have my attention! :D

angelofragnarok

Postby angelofragnarok » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:41 pm

KiTA wrote:
angelofragnarok wrote:Ebay. There's a seller on there that sells practically any issue of any japanese magazine (hentai anyway).

Can you provide a link perhaps? Now you have my attention! :D

Aw, you've got to be freaking kidding me! The user was masaaki123, but I logged in today and he's been removed from eBay. D:

http://myworld.ebay.com/masaaki123/&_tr ... 1497.l2754

Return to “Offtopic”