Thanks for Everything!

For anything else.

Moderators: uanime5, KiTA, Munyu Staff

lttesch

Thanks for Everything!

Postby lttesch » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:02 am

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you and your group for everything you have done. I was stationed in Korea when I ran across a post of TAG that you had done on oneclickchicks. Alas the link to it had expired and the next couple of weeks were a frenzy of scouring the internet trying to find a copy. After much hard work and many pages I finally found a copy. Ironically you posted a new link on oneclickchicks that very day. It was great and started me on the road to finding all sorts of new products.

Anyways I just wanted to let you guys know that your hard work is very appreciated and have read everyone of your releases since then. Even here in Iraq I constantly look foward to the next posting made on 4chan with any updates. Look forward to all future productions and you can always count on my support.

alyxva1

Postby alyxva1 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:58 pm

I too just want to thank you too. Tag, Cage, and other of Suehirogari works translated by munyu are great. I look forward to seeing more translation in the future.

KiTA
Site Admin

Re: Thanks for Everything!

Postby KiTA » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:27 am

lttesch wrote:Anyways I just wanted to let you guys know that your hard work is very appreciated and have read everyone of your releases since then. Even here in Iraq I constantly look foward to the next posting made on 4chan with any updates. Look forward to all future productions and you can always count on my support.

Jesus, you view 4chan through a military net connection? You must have balls of steel, I'd be terrified to let anyone at my job (for example) see /b/. Hell, I live in abject horror of someone I know figuring out who I am online, heh.

Anyway, glad you like it, and I hope you enjoy it just as much when you're home and safe. :)

alyxva1 wrote:I too just want to thank you too. Tag, Cage, and other of Suehirogari works translated by munyu are great. I look forward to seeing more translation in the future.

I love Suehirogari's stuff, I have trouble articulating why, though. I think it's because he doesn't take himself TOO seriously in his works, and actually tries to do a story instead of "Ok, how can I throw more sex at the characters this week."

Deathnote

Postby Deathnote » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:31 pm

Just thought I'd pop in here and said 'thanks for all the hard work' as well. ^_^

God this place is empty, though... kinda surprised this place isn't swarming. Ah well... ("o_o)

ThekillingGoku

Postby ThekillingGoku » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:15 am

Well sure, some good stuff here. I've had the Tag translation in my collection for god knows how long, but never really knew where it came from actually.

Seen your ideas for future projects as well and it looks good. Exibitionism mangas tend to be a bit less serious and extreme ya know, usually more fun to go through, which is why Tag was pretty good and most of the Murasaki Syu stuff is also pretty good, I've got pretty much all his works in my collection and most of em're around this theme. And I noticed that Suehi's artwork has also improved from Tag and many others in Kumo no michi.
Also, dunno if ya'd rather have it in another post, but Ki Ai Neko has some pretty good stuff too. Kanro and Kouzen Osoto follow the same genre, unfortunately that last one also has a few pages of scat, which I'd rather weren't there, but skipping those it's still descent. Of course Neko's artwork has always been good. And then still Masturbation by the same author which also has much of this genre. Haniwari is perfectly clean too and also features the same genre, but as it stands now Tadanohito might end up working on that one soon.

Don't immediately have anything else popping up in my head, so ...

Anyway, keep up the great work.

Greetz from TKG's first post (and yes, I know what that grammatically means :lol: )

KiTA
Site Admin

Postby KiTA » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:23 pm

ThekillingGoku wrote:Well sure, some good stuff here. I've had the Tag translation in my collection for god knows how long, but never really knew where it came from actually.

Seen your ideas for future projects as well and it looks good. Exibitionism mangas tend to be a bit less serious and extreme ya know, usually more fun to go through, which is why Tag was pretty good and most of the Murasaki Syu stuff is also pretty good, I've got pretty much all his works in my collection and most of em're around this theme. And I noticed that Suehi's artwork has also improved from Tag and many others in Kumo no michi.
Also, dunno if ya'd rather have it in another post, but Ki Ai Neko has some pretty good stuff too. Kanro and Kouzen Osoto follow the same genre, unfortunately that last one also has a few pages of scat, which I'd rather weren't there, but skipping those it's still descent. Of course Neko's artwork has always been good. And then still Masturbation by the same author which also has much of this genre. Haniwari is perfectly clean too and also features the same genre, but as it stands now Tadanohito might end up working on that one soon.

Don't immediately have anything else popping up in my head, so ...

Anyway, keep up the great work.

Greetz from TKG's first post (and yes, I know what that grammatically means :lol: )

Hm, I think I recognize who Ki Ai Neko -- his homepage is here, right?
http://nonormal.sakura.ne.jp/

I like his stuff but yeah, the scat is kinda a deal killer, to be honest.

One project I'd like to work on is "Nippon no Razoku" aka "Japanese Nudists." It's a clean manga about, well. Hm.

Basically as far as I can tell, the main character is an artist who is too shy to look at women to be able to draw them well. He meets a naked girl in the park jumping through the trees. Then he gets mixxed up with some militant nudists who are trying to take over Japan.

Oh, and the naked girl gains superpowers as long as she's not wearing anything.

It's a weird manga. Clean, though.

ThekillingGoku

Postby ThekillingGoku » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:36 pm

Well, yeah, like I said, that one has some real funkillers in it. Only one I'm not quite sure about is Kanro, been quite a while since I've gone through that one, but the others I mentioned're clean though. Not that ya have to jump on the translation, but just thought ya might wanna check them out if exibitionism's your thing.
Also, overall, Suehi's work is usually pretty fun as well, and I think you're bout the only one translating it right now, so it's not bad to continue that eh. Although the newer work is best of course since the artwork obviously improved over the years like I mentioned in my last post. So it'd really be nice to see the second Cage book translated as well.

One project I'd like to work on is "Nippon no Razoku" aka "Japanese Nudists." It's a clean manga about, well. Hm.

Basically as far as I can tell, the main character is an artist who is too shy to look at women to be able to draw them well. He meets a naked girl in the park jumping through the trees. Then he gets mixxed up with some militant nudists who are trying to take over Japan.

Oh, and the naked girl gains superpowers as long as she's not wearing anything.

It's a weird manga. Clean, though.

Honestly, weired mangas're fun. Not weired as in extreme torture and body mutilations of course, but just kinda crazy and fun is best. Those're usually the ones I actually wanna bother with the story ya know.
So that "Nippon no Razoku" seems interesting ... you perhaps got the raws for it since this is kinda the first I've heared of it. Who's it from anyways, anyone we know or just some guy who got one manga out and faded away?
However, I've found one piece of information that kinda defeats the purpose of the ecchi-ness:

Likewise in the lesser known manga Nippon No Razoku (Aka Japanese Nudists), which contains even more nonsexualized nudity. The character's nipples are only drawn as circles indicating the areola, and the rest of the character's bodies are left more or less like a Ken or Barbie doll (although there are plenty of Peek A Boo Objects around). Actually fairly jarring -- the scenes where the artist draws nothing stand out less.

Basically that means there's nothing at all to be seen, not even a descent boob ya know. It's like primetime ecchi animes censored beyond recognition. :lol:

KiTA
Site Admin

Postby KiTA » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:53 pm

I know, I typed that up on TvTropes. I even created the NakedPeopleAreFunny entry. :)

It's by um... 陽気婢. One of his works was animated by the name Four Play and licensed for the US.

日本の裸族 is the name in Japanese. I have a raw copy, lucked out and found it on Amazon.co.jp through an Marketplace Seller. First time I've ever seen one of them willing to ship internationally.

But I don't want to destroy it to scan it...

It is available as a eBook here:
http://www.ebookjapan.jp/shop/title.asp ... isp=54&n=1

My copy of said eBook got corrupted, so I'm going to give it another try. You can take screenshots of the eBook, which is good, but zoomed at 100% you have to scroll around it. It's easily "scanned" with 2 or 3 screenshots, but then you have to put it together in Photoshop and... ugh...

I'd rather just find some raws. :( I'm lazy!

Edit: Not lazy enough. Bought it again, and did 2 pages before I realized it was 1 AM, mostly as a test to see if it's OCRable:

http://kita.ath.cx/trans/nippon_no_razoku/000c2.jpg
http://kita.ath.cx/trans/nippon_no_razoku/017.jpg

Pleased to say that it seems like it is, so, dunno. Kinda hard to work with. Maybe if I can find a way to macro it.

ThekillingGoku

Postby ThekillingGoku » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:58 pm

Well, I can't read Japanese Kanji, so I dunno if I know the name in Romanja, however I do know the H-anime you're referring to though, so I know the style.
Anyway, if ya ever get around to scanning it, you'll have to be the first to put the RAWs online, since it seems you'll have no luck finding any.

Other than that I'm sure many people're waiting for more Cage and Kumo no Michi translations. Also, I read in your site post you're planning on going back to change 'professor with sensei' and stuff like that, but I wouldn't put any time into that really. Nobody really minds that much that they'd pick that over new releases ya know.

Also, your 'no crowd posting' issue is sorta to be expected really. First of all it's always tough to fill a new forum up with a posting crowd. And second, well, I kinda only found this place by accident really, so ya should aquire more of a name for yourself like Tadanohito or SaHa, but the only way to do that would be to get releases out at a fast pace, so it's never easy. One thing ya can apparently do is have a chat with MangaUpdates and try to get your releases linked to your site instead of providing the rapidshare on MangaUpdates. Apparently that worked out great for DesuDesu. (http://desudesu0.wordpress.com/2008/06/09/no-way-thats-impossible/)

If ya make more of a name for yourself, maybe you'll eventually find backup ya know. :lol:

KiTA
Site Admin

Postby KiTA » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:14 pm

Actually I've been submitting the Rapidshare links to the site. Works well, I think... Hm.

Maybe I should look into it...

ThekillingGoku

Postby ThekillingGoku » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:15 am

Well, of course that works well ... if ya just wanna distribute your stuff huh.
But you wanna draw people to your site, and by putting a direct download link on a third party site you never get anyone to actually come here ya know. And MU doesn't even have a link handy to get here, so basically all ya get from MU is the group name. However very very few people would bother looking for this place if they don't have a link handy.
And believe it or not, some people wouldn't even know how to look for this place, even if they had your group name. Believe me, I've seen alot of extreme noob-ism while I've been around. You'd think google's an alien you can only find after a trip to Mars or something. :lol:

Of course you'd also only have to maintain the download links here and not the ones here AND on mangaupdates ya know. On the flipside of the coin though, you would have to make sure the stuff is here of course. If they come from a link to some manga on MU and they don't find it here they'll only leave without bothering ya know.
After all, if there's a problem with the links on MU, it's MU's fault, if there's a problem here it's your fault. That's how people generally think.

Anyway, it doesn't guarantee people in the forum, but at least ya got them to come to your site first, which is always the first step.

Of course, all of that is still secondary to the actual releases to promote yourself though.

Orionite

Postby Orionite » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:48 am

Thanks for the translations! I had no idea someone was working on translating Cage and stuff. Lucky lucky :o

lttesch

Postby lttesch » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:05 pm

Actually KiTA we have a private internet connection here which oddly enough went down for the past couple of months, go figure. None of the prudish DoD rules apply so hence we are allowed to 4chan away. Kinda curious though on what types of programs you use to do these edits and stuff. One of the perks of being here (very far and few between) is that software is very cheap. I recently picked up the new poser 7 for $5. Plans were to create a version of TAG in poser format but it proved to be very complicated and will take me awhile to learn it. Do you actually speak japanese? I kinda kick myself in the ass due to the fact that when I was stationed in Korea I had to go to Japan quite often for exercises etc. and never bothered to pick it up.

bananaphone

Postby bananaphone » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:00 pm

You have my thanks as well. The doujins you guys translate are my favorites.

Also thanks for pruning the accounts without posts. I didn't realize until after that creating an account here with the same username as my accounts almost everywhere else was probably not the best idea. Luckily, no one noticed.

RJT

Postby RJT » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:01 pm

Thanks for bringing one of my favourite genres to life here. That of ENF and public {female} nudity. I just love reading those type of stories on other sites. To have them in easy to read manga form (for want of a phrase) just matches perfectly. I love the work you have done and may it continue.
YOURS
RJT

Return to “Offtopic”