Hey Guys

For anything else.

Moderators: uanime5, KiTA, Munyu Staff

wikiped

Hey Guys

Postby wikiped » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:25 pm

How's it going people? I've been a long time lurker, on the scale of two years, and a great admirer. I'd love to help out the team if I could! I don't speak any Japanese, but I have a great grasp of the English language, so I could copy-edit. Please let me know how I can be of service!

wervy

Re: Hey Guys

Postby wervy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:28 pm

Welcome, I am sure we could find a way to exploit you :p

Malone

Postby Malone » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:05 pm

wikiped wrote:How's it going people? I've been a long time lurker, on the scale of two years, and a great admirer. I'd love to help out the team if I could! I don't speak any Japanese, but I have a great grasp of the English language, so I could copy-edit. Please let me know how I can be of service!

Hi man.
welcome to Munyu.

I have a couple of projects in mind you can help with.
Do you prefer to be a proofreader or an editor (or both)?

Anyway, I'll send you the material when it's ready.

I'm also opened to new projects, so, pick a story and I'll translate it for you as a welcome gift. :wink:

wikiped

Postby wikiped » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:35 pm

Awesome.

If editor encompasses grammar, syntax, sentence structure, as well as lapses in logic and flow I can do that.
I'd rather not just proofread, but I don't know how your team works.

In terms of requests, I'd love to see some of Proxima 1.3 by Awatake translated: http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=46831.

Looking forward to working with you guys.

Malone

Postby Malone » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:09 pm

wikiped wrote:If editor encompasses grammar, syntax, sentence structure, as well as lapses in logic and flow I can do that.
I'd rather not just proofread, but I don't know how your team works.

Hi Wikiped.

What do you think about editing this one?

http://exhentai.org/s/e92a7ec1ea/630955-179

If it's the text what motivates you, you can modify the dialogues as you please,
as long as you keep the meaning of the original sentence.
Obviously, you can't change the story.

wikiped

Postby wikiped » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:37 pm

I didn't mean to misrepresent myself. I don't have any knowledge of the Japanese language. I can only work with English and English grammar/spelling/sentence structure.

Aeleth

Postby Aeleth » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:26 am

Just repeating what I said in PM. No need to worry, any help is appreciated, be it simple proofreading position or any mixture of usual scanlation workflow.

Malone

Postby Malone » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:44 am

wikiped wrote:I didn't mean to misrepresent myself. I don't have any knowledge of the Japanese language. I can only work with English and English grammar/spelling/sentence structure.

Well, the idea was: I send you the script and you edit the story. You don't need to translate anything.
If editing is not your stuff, you can only fix my english and make it sound more natural.
Your choice.

If you agree, I'll PM you the script.

Return to “Offtopic”